Thank you for your interest in sharing a post with the Writing Academy Community!
Below, you’ll find some guidelines to help you craft a successful pitch.
Guest Post Guidelines: What We’re Most Interested In
Writing Academy is an educational community for aspiring writers seeking to hone their craft, publishing, and book marketing skills.
We are most interested in featuring guest posts by published* authors (self- or traditionally published), editors, literary agents, or fellow writing educators that do one or more of the following:
- Provide an educational takeaway or “aha moment”
- Break down a specific skill or technique
- Bust common myths or misconceptions that hinder success
Target word count: ~1,000
*We are happy to help pre-published authors as part of a book launch campaign
How to Pitch Your Idea
Please send an email with the subject line “Writing Academy Guest Post Pitch” to email@example.com with the following:
- A brief description of one to three topics you think would be a good fit for our site
- Links to two examples of your published work OR a 500-1000 word non-fiction writing sample
- A paragraph about you and your experiences (writing and otherwise) that qualify you to teach your suggested topics
Keep in Mind
- We are looking for previously unpublished content
- We don’t pay for Guest Posts (we don’t earn advertising revenue from our site)
- We are happy to include links to your website, book sales page, and social media